Section 233.0612, Florida Statutes 2001
233.0612 Authorized instruction.--Each school district may provide students with programs and instruction at the appropriate grade levels in areas including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Character development, ethics, and law education.
(2) The objective study of the Bible and religion.
(3) Traffic education.
(4) Free enterprise and consumer education.
(5) Programs to encourage patriotism and greater respect for country.
(6) Drug abuse resistance education.
(7) Comprehensive health education.
(8) Care of nursing home patients.
(9) Instruction in acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
(10) Voting instruction, including the use of county voting machines.
(11) Before-school and after-school programs.
History.--s. 37, ch. 97-190; s. 2, ch. 98-211; s. 2, ch. 99-347.