Section 233.08, Florida Statutes 2001
233.08 Affidavit of state instructional materials committee members.--Before transacting any business, each member of a state committee shall make an affidavit, to be filed with the Commissioner of Education, that:
(1) The member will faithfully discharge the duties imposed upon him or her as a member of the committee.
(2) The member has no interest, and while a member of the committee he or she will assume no interest, in any publishing or manufacturing organization which produces or sells instructional materials.
(3) The member is in no way connected, and while a member of the committee he or she will assume no connection, with the distribution of such instructional materials.
(4) The member is not pecuniarily interested, and while a member of the committee he or she will assume no pecuniary interest, directly or indirectly, in the business or profits of any person engaged in manufacturing, publishing, or selling instructional materials designed for use in the public schools.
(5) The member will not accept any emolument or promise of future reward of any kind from any publisher or manufacturer of instructional materials or his or her agent or anyone interested in, or intending to bias his or her judgment in any way in, the selection of any materials to be adopted.
History.--s. 708, ch. 19355, 1939; CGL 1940 Supp. 892(220); s. 8, ch. 59-282; ss. 15, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 69-300; s. 2, ch. 74-337; s. 4, ch. 78-323; ss. 4, 5, ch. 81-56; ss. 1, 4, ch. 82-46; s. 2, ch. 83-265; s. 6, ch. 84-94; ss. 4, 15, 16, ch. 91-182; s. 5, ch. 91-429; s. 1288, ch. 95-147; s. 3, ch. 2000-291.