Section 235.3215, Florida Statutes 2001
235.3215 Toxic substances in construction, repair, or maintenance of public school facilities.--
(1) All toxic substances enumerated in the Florida Substance List established pursuant to 1s. 442.103 that are to be used in the construction, repair, or maintenance of educational facilities are restricted to usage according to the following provisions:
(a) Before any such substance may be used, the contractor shall notify the district superintendent in writing at least three working days prior to using the substance. The notification shall contain:
1. The name of the substance to be used;
2. Where the substance is to be used; and
3. When the substance is to be used.
There shall be attached to the notification a copy of a material safety data sheet as defined in 1s. 442.102 for each such substance.
(b) The district superintendent shall take all reasonable actions to ensure that the contractor complies with the safety precautions and handling instructions set forth in the material safety data sheet for each substance used by the contractor so that usage of the substance poses no threat to the health and safety of students, school personnel, and the general public.
(2) This section shall not be construed to impair the validity of obligations under contracts in existence on June 30, 1987.
History.--s. 7, ch. 87-202.
1Note.--Repealed by s. 14, ch. 99-240; confirmed by s. 9, ch. 2001-65.