No funds received or allocated pursuant to this act shall be used to:
(1) Lobby or influence the passage or defeat of any legislation before any municipal, county, or state legislative or administrative body.
(2) Provide legal assistance or advice with respect to any criminal proceeding or any federal or state postconviction proceeding. For purposes of this subsection, “criminal proceeding” means an adversary judicial process prosecuted by a public officer and initiated by formal complaint, information, or indictment charging a person with an offense classified or denominated as criminal by applicable law and punishable by death, imprisonment, jail sentence, or criminal fine.
(3) Sue the state or any of its agencies or political subdivisions.
(4) Sue any college or university.
(5) Initiate or participate in a class action suit.
(6) Provide legal assistance or advice with respect to any noncriminal infraction or any enforcement proceeding instituted by the state or its agencies or political subdivisions pursuant to chapter 316, chapter 318, chapter 320, or chapter 322.
(7) Contest any regulatory decision by any municipal, county, or state administrative or legislative body.
(8) File or assist in the filing of private causes of action under federal or state statutes enforced by federal or state agencies relating to or arising out of employment or the terms or conditions of employment.