(1) The department shall annually compile data regarding the administration of the Selected Exempt Service.
(2) The data required by this section shall include:
(a) A detailed description of the specific actions that have been taken by the department to implement the provisions of this part.
(b) Any recommendations and proposals for legislation which the secretary may have with respect to improving the operation and administration of the Selected Exempt Service.
(c) In addition, as needed:
1. A pricing analysis based on a market survey of positions comparable to those included in the Selected Exempt Service and recommendations with respect to whether, and to what extent, revisions to the pay bands for the Selected Exempt Service classifications should be implemented.
2. An analysis of actual salary levels for each classification within the Selected Exempt Service, indicating the mean salary for each classification within the Selected Exempt Service and the deviation from such means with respect to each agency’s salary practice in each classification; reviewing the duties and responsibilities in relation to the incumbents’ salary levels, credentials, skills, knowledge, and abilities; and discussing whether the salary practices reflected thereby indicate interagency salary inequities among positions within the Selected Exempt Service.
(3) To assist in the preparation of the data required by this section, the secretary may hire a consultant with expertise in the field of personnel management.