As used in ss. 177.501-177.510, the following words and terms shall have the meanings indicated unless the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) “Professional surveyor and mapper” or “surveyor and mapper” means a person authorized to practice surveying and mapping under the provisions of chapter 472.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Environmental Protection.
(3) “Corner” means a geographic position on the surface of the earth.
(4) “Monument” means a manmade or natural object that is presumed to occupy the corner or is a reference to the position of a corner.
(5) “Public land survey corner” means any corner actually established and monumented in the original public land survey or resurvey and those similar original corners subdividing Spanish land grants.
(6) “Corner accessory” means any exclusively identifiable physical object whose spatial relationship to the corner is recorded. Accessories may be, but are not limited to, bearing trees, bearing objects, monuments, reference monuments, line trees, pits, mounds, blaze marks, steel or wooden stakes, or other such natural or manmade objects.
(7) “Reference monument” means a monument that does not occupy the same geographical position as the corner itself, but whose spatial relationship to the corner is recorded and which serves to witness the corner.
(8) “Township” has the meaning ascribed in 43 U.S.C. s. 751.
(9) “Certified corner record” means a document prepared by a surveyor and mapper when a public land survey corner is used as control in his or her survey or resurvey.
(10) “State cadastral surveyor” means the chief of the Bureau of Coastal and Land Boundaries, Division of Resource Management of the department.