(1) The department may charge any anticipated costs incurred by the department in determining the eligibility of any person or entity specified in s. 206.026(1)(a) to hold a license against such person or entity.
(2) The department may, by rule, determine the manner of payment of its anticipated costs and the procedure for filing applications for eligibility in conjunction with payment of those costs.
(3) The department must furnish to the applicant an itemized statement of actual costs incurred during the investigation to determine eligibility.
(4) If there are unused funds at the conclusion of the investigation, the unused funds must be returned to the applicant within 60 days after the determination of eligibility has been made.
(5) If the actual costs of investigation exceed anticipated costs, the department must assess the applicant those moneys necessary to recover all actual costs.
(6) The department may enter into contracts with private companies to conduct investigations to determine the eligibility of any person or entity specified in s. 206.026(1)(a) to hold a license. The costs of the investigations must be charged to the applicant as provided in this section.