As used in ss. 218.421 and 218.422, the term:
(1) “Board” means the State Board of Administration.
(2) “Surplus funds” means any funds in any general or special account or fund of a unit of local government, or funds held by an independent trustee on behalf of a unit of local government, which in reasonable contemplation will not be immediately needed for the purposes intended.
(3) “Trust fund” means the pooled investment fund known as the Fund B Surplus Funds Trust Fund.
(4) “Trustees” means the Trustees of the State Board of Administration.
(5) “Unit of local government” means any governmental entity within the state not part of state government and includes, but is not limited to, the following and the officers thereof: any county, municipality, school district, special district, clerk of the circuit court, sheriff, property appraiser, tax collector, supervisor of elections, authority, board, public corporation, or other political subdivision of the state.