The purposes of this compact are to:
(1) Provide for mutual assistance and support among the party states in the utilization of the National Guard in drug interdiction, counter-drug activities, and demand reduction.
(2) Permit the National Guard of this state to enter into mutual assistance and support agreements, on the basis of need, with one or more law enforcement agencies operating within this state, for activities within this state, or with a National Guard of one or more other states, whether said activities are within or without this state, in order to facilitate and coordinate efficient, cooperative enforcement efforts directed toward drug interdiction, counter-drug activities, and demand reduction.
(3) Permit the National Guard of this state to act as a receiving and responding state as defined within this compact to ensure the prompt and effective delivery of National Guard personnel, assets, and services to agencies or areas that are in need of increased support and presence.
(4) Permit and encourage a high degree of flexibility in the deployment of National Guard forces in the interest of efficiency.
(5) Maximize the effectiveness of the National Guard in those situations which call for its utilization under this compact.
(6) Provide protection for the rights of National Guard personnel when performing duties in other states in counter-drug activities.
(7) Ensure uniformity of state laws in the area of National Guard involvement in interstate counter-drug activities by incorporating said uniform laws within the compact.