(1) The Florida Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, an auxiliary of the United States Air Force, shall be recognized as a nonprofit, educational, and emergency-management-related organization and shall be eligible to purchase materials from the various surplus warehouses of the state.
(2) Funds shall be appropriated annually from the Emergency Management, Preparedness, and Assistance Trust Fund for the purpose of acquisition, installation, conditioning, and maintenance of the Florida Wing of the Civil Air Patrol. However, no part of the annual appropriation shall be expended for the purchase of uniforms or personal effects of members of the organization or for compensation or salary to such members.
(3) The wing commander of the Florida Wing of the Civil Air Patrol may employ administrative help and purchase educational materials for the training of Florida youth for which funds from the annual appropriation may be used.
(4) Purchase of aircraft shall be limited to not more than $15,000 per year, and not more than $15,000 per year may be placed in a building reserve fund toward acquisition of a permanent state headquarters and operations facility.
(5) The wing commander of the Florida Wing of the Civil Air Patrol shall biennially furnish the Bureau of Emergency Management a 2-year projection of the goals and objectives of the Civil Air Patrol which shall be reported in the division’s biennial report submitted pursuant to s. 252.35.