(1) It is unlawful to place or allow to be placed upon any street or highway any tacks, wire, scrap metal, glass, crockery, or other substance which may be injurious to the feet of persons or animals or to the tires of vehicles or in any way injurious to the road.
(2) It is unlawful to allow any vehicle or contrivance or any part of same, or any load or portion of a load carried on the same, to drag upon any street or highway.
(3) It is unlawful to obstruct, dig up, or in any way disturb any street or highway. However, this subsection shall not be construed so as to hinder or prevent the installation or replacement of any utilities in accordance with the provisions of law now existing or that may hereafter be enacted.
(4) It is unlawful for any vehicle to be equipped with any solid tires or any airless-type tire on any motor-driven vehicle when operated upon a highway.
(5) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable pursuant to chapter 318 as either a nonmoving violation for infractions of subsection (1) or subsection (3) or as a moving violation for infractions of subsection (2) or subsection (4).