Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, any person who:
(1) Purports to sell or transfer an off-highway vehicle without delivering to the purchaser or transferee of the vehicle a certificate of title to the vehicle duly assigned to the purchaser as provided in this chapter;
(2) Operates or uses in this state an off-highway vehicle for which a certificate of title is required without the certificate having been obtained in accordance with this chapter, or upon which the certificate of title has been canceled;
(3) Fails to surrender a certificate of title upon cancellation of the certificate by the department and notice thereof as prescribed in this chapter;
(4) Fails to surrender the certificate of title to the department as provided in this chapter in the case of the destruction, dismantling, or change of an off-highway vehicle in such respect that it is not the off-highway vehicle described in the certificate of title; or
(5) Violates any other provision of this chapter or a lawful rule adopted pursuant to this chapter;
shall be fined not more than $500 or imprisoned for not more than 6 months, or both, for each offense, unless otherwise specified.