(1) Unless otherwise expressly provided in this section, the full amount of the license tax imposed under s. 320.08 shall be charged for the registration period, regardless of when during the registration period the vehicle is registered.
(2) Except for vehicles covered by subsection (3) and except for vehicles taxed under s. 320.08(2)(b), (c), or (d), (3)(a), (b), or (c), (5)(a), (7)(a), or (9), the license tax charged to a person for the registration of a vehicle which was not previously subject to registration in this state by that person and which is being registered:
(a) During the seventh, eighth, or ninth month of the registration period shall be one-half of the annual license tax amount prescribed in s. 320.08.
(b) During the 10th or subsequent month of the registration period shall be one-fourth of the annual license tax amount prescribed in s. 320.08.
(3) The license tax charged a person for the registration of a vehicle which:
(a) Is taxed under s. 320.08(3)(d) or (e), (4), (6)(b), or (7)(b);
(b) Is being registered during the second or subsequent month of the registration period;
(c) Was not previously subject to registration by that person during that registration period; and
(d) If being registered during the first 3 months of the registration period, was not registered by that person in this state during the preceding registration period
shall be at the rate of one-twelfth of the annual license tax amount for the month of registration and one-twelfth of the annual license tax amount for each month of the registration period succeeding the month of registration.
(4) Any truck tractor which is used exclusively for hauling agricultural products and which is not required to be apportioned may register for any 3-month period or 6-month period and pay, respectively, one-quarter or one-half of the annual registration rate provided in s. 320.08.
(5) A license tax of less than $5 may not be charged under this section unless otherwise expressly provided by law.
(6) For a trailer or semitrailer taxed under s. 320.08(5) or (7)(a), there shall be no reduction in the annual license tax paid for a half-year or quarter-year registration.
History.—s. 7, ch. 7275, 1917; s. 1, ch. 7276, 1917; RGS 1012; s. 5, ch. 8410, 1921; s. 4, ch. 10182, 1925; CGL 1286; s. 4, ch. 16085, 1933; s. 1, ch. 25139, 1949; s. 8, ch. 28186, 1953; s. 1, ch. 57-373; s. 6, ch. 65-190; s. 1, ch. 67-553; s. 11, ch. 75-66; s. 46, ch. 77-357; s. 1, ch. 83-155; s. 39, ch. 83-318; s. 6, ch. 85-81; s. 52, ch. 85-180; s. 31, ch. 87-198; s. 114, ch. 90-136; s. 11, ch. 90-329.