(1) Each person or entity that engages in the manufacture of mobile home installation components, products, or systems must obtain a certification from the department which affirms that such component, product, or system is approved for use in the installation of mobile homes in this state.
(2) The department shall certify for use in this state any mobile home installation component, product, or system for which a person or entity applies to the department and which complies with subsection (3).
(3) In order to obtain the certification set forth in this section, a manufacturer must submit to the department a report certifying that the mobile home installation component, product, or system meets the mobile home installation standards set forth in this section and in department rules. The report must be signed and sealed by a professional engineer registered in this state. In accordance with chapter 120, the department shall review the report and approve or deny the certification of the installation component, product, or system for use in the installation of mobile homes in this state.
(4) The certification set forth in this subsection is subject to suspension or revocation, and the person or entity that obtained the certification is subject to a fine set by department rules upon a finding by the department that the person or entity has obtained the certification by misrepresentation or fraud or that the product, component, or system does not meet the mobile home installation standards set forth in this chapter or in department rules.
(5) Any product, component, or system subject to this section which is currently being used in the installation of mobile homes in this state is not required to be certified in accordance with this section until July 1, 2009.