(1) “Aircraft” means a powered or unpowered machine or device capable of atmospheric flight, except a parachute or other such device used primarily as safety equipment.
(2) “Airport” means an area of land or water used for, or intended to be used for, landing and takeoff of aircraft, including appurtenant areas, buildings, facilities, or rights-of-way necessary to facilitate such use or intended use.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Transportation.
(4) “Limited airport” means any airport limited exclusively to the specific conditions stated on the site approval order or license.
(5) “Private airport” means an airport, publicly or privately owned, which is not open or available for use by the public, but may be made available to others by invitation of the owner or manager.
(6) “Public airport” means an airport, publicly or privately owned, which is open for use by the public.
(7) “Temporary airport” means any airport that will be used for a period of less than 30 days with no more than 10 operations per day.
(8) “Ultralight aircraft” means any aircraft meeting the criteria established by part 103 of the Federal Aviation Regulations.