As used in ss. 341.8201-341.842, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the term:
(1) “Associated development” means property, equipment, buildings, or other related facilities which are built, installed, used, or established to provide financing, funding, or revenues for the planning, building, managing, and operation of a high-speed rail system and which are associated with or part of the rail stations. The term includes air and subsurface rights, services that provide local area network devices for transmitting data over wireless networks, parking facilities, retail establishments, restaurants, hotels, offices, advertising, or other commercial, civic, residential, or support facilities.
(2) “Enterprise” means the Florida Rail Enterprise.
(3) “High-speed rail system” means any high-speed fixed guideway system for transporting people or goods, which system is, by definition of the United States Department of Transportation, reasonably expected to reach speeds of at least 110 miles per hour, including, but not limited to, a monorail system, dual track rail system, suspended rail system, magnetic levitation system, pneumatic repulsion system, or other system approved by the enterprise. The term includes a corridor, associated intermodal connectors, and structures essential to the operation of the line, including the land, structures, improvements, rights-of-way, easements, rail lines, rail beds, guideway structures, switches, yards, parking facilities, power relays, switching houses, and rail stations and also includes facilities or equipment used exclusively for the purposes of design, construction, operation, maintenance, or the financing of the high-speed rail system.
(4) “Joint development” means the planning, managing, financing, or constructing of projects adjacent to, functionally related to, or otherwise related to a high-speed rail system pursuant to agreements between any person, firm, corporation, association, organization, agency, or other entity, public or private.
(5) “Rail station,” “station,” or “high-speed rail station” means any structure or transportation facility that is part of a high-speed rail system designed to accommodate the movement of passengers from one mode of transportation to another at which passengers board or disembark from transportation conveyances and transfer from one mode of transportation to another.
(6) “Selected person or entity” means the person or entity to whom the enterprise awards a contract to establish a high-speed rail system pursuant to ss. 341.8201-341.842.