As used in this part, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) The term “agency of the state” means and includes the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated or established by, the state.
(2) The term “authority” means the body politic and corporate, an agency of the state, created by this part.
(3) The term “bonds” means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) The term “Brevard County Expressway System” or “system” means generally a modern highway system of roads, bridges, and causeways within Brevard County or a major road, bridge, or causeway, with access limited or unlimited as the authority may determine, and such structures, appurtenances, and facilities related thereto, including all approaches, streets, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for such system.
(5) The term “constitutional gas tax” means and includes the 20-percent and 80-percent surplus gasoline tax funds accruing in each year to the Department of Transportation for use in Brevard County under the provisions of s. 9(c)(2), Art. XII of the State Constitution, after deduction only of any amounts of such gasoline tax funds heretofore pledged by the Department of Transportation or the county for outstanding obligations, or all other such funds as may otherwise be provided by the constitution for use in Brevard County.
(6) The term “county” means the County of Brevard.
(7) The term “county gas tax” means all the gasoline tax funds accruing in each year for use in Brevard County under the provisions of s. 206.60.
(8) The term “Department of Transportation” or “department” means the Department of Transportation of the state, organized and existing under and by virtue of the provisions of chapters 334-339.
(9) The term “expressway” means the same as limited access expressway.
(10) The term “federal agency” means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated or established by, the United States.
(11) The term “lease-purchase agreement” means the lease-purchase agreements which the authority is authorized pursuant to this part to enter into with the Department of Transportation.
(12) The term “limited access expressway” means a street or highway especially designed for through traffic and over, from, or to which no person shall have the right of easement, use, or access except in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated and established by the authority for the use of such facility. Such highways or streets may be parkways from which trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles shall be excluded, or they may be freeways open to use by all customary forms of street and highway traffic.
(13) The term “members” means the governing body of the authority, and the term “member” means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(14) The term “State Board of Administration” means the body corporate created, organized, and existing under and by virtue of the provisions of s. 9(c)(5), Art. XII of the State Constitution.
(15) Words importing singular number include the plural number in each case and vice versa, and words importing persons include firms and corporations.