(1) There is hereby created and established a body politic and corporate, an agency of the state, to be known as the Seminole County Expressway Authority, hereinafter referred to as “authority.”
(2) Said authority shall have exclusive right to exercise all those powers herein set forth, and no other entity, body, or authority, whether within or without Seminole County, shall either directly or indirectly exercise any jurisdiction, control, authority, or power in any manner relating to any expressway system within Seminole County without either the express consent of the authority or as otherwise provided herein.
(3) The governing body of the authority shall consist of seven members. Five members shall be the members of the Board of County Commissioners of Seminole County, and the term of each such member shall be concomitant with his or her term as a county commissioner. Two members shall be appointed by the board of county commissioners from among the duly elected municipal officers within the county, and said municipal members shall, unless reappointed, serve 2-year terms. Said 2-year terms shall run from the date of appointment and shall automatically terminate should any such member cease to be a duly elected municipal officer. Municipal membership vacancies shall be filled within 45 days of the occurrence of such vacancy by the board of county commissioners, and in the event that two-thirds of the municipalities within the county shall within 30 days of any such vacancy jointly recommend to the board of county commissioners any individual to fill such vacancy, said board must appoint the individual so recommended.
(4) The authority shall elect one of its members as chair of the authority. The authority shall also elect a secretary and a treasurer, who may or may not be members of the authority. The chair, secretary, and treasurer shall hold such offices at the will of the authority. Four members of the authority shall constitute a quorum, and the vote of three members shall be necessary for any action taken by the authority. No vacancy in the authority shall impair the right of a quorum of the authority to exercise all of the rights and perform all of the duties of the authority.
(5) Upon the effective date of his or her appointment, or as soon thereafter as practicable, each appointed member of the authority shall enter upon his or her duties.
(6) The authority may employ an executive secretary, an executive director, its own counsel and legal staff, technical experts, and such engineers and such employees, permanent or temporary, as it may require; determine the qualifications and fix the compensation of such persons, firms, or corporations; and employ a fiscal agent or agents. However, the authority shall solicit sealed proposals from at least three persons, firms, or corporations for the performance of any services as fiscal agents. The authority may delegate to one or more of its agents or employees such of its powers as it shall deem necessary to carry out the purposes of this part, subject always to the supervision and control of the authority.
(7) Members of the authority shall be entitled to receive from the authority their travel and other necessary expenses incurred in connection with the business of the authority as provided in s. 112.061, but they shall draw no salaries or other compensation.