The following terms, whenever used or referred to in this part, shall have the following meanings, except in those instances where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) “Agency of the state” means and includes the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the state.
(2) “Authority” means the body politic and corporate, and agency of the state, created by this part.
(3) “Bonds” means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) “County” means the counties of Collier and Lee.
(5) “DBOM contract” means the document and all concomitant rights approved by the authority providing the selected person or entity the exclusive right to design, build, operate, and maintain the Southwest Florida Transportation System.
(6) “DBOMF contract” means the document and all concomitant rights approved by the authority providing the selected person or entity the exclusive right to design, build, operate, maintain, and finance all or a portion of the Southwest Florida Transportation System.
(7) “Department” means the Department of Transportation existing under chapters 334-339.
(8) “Expressway” means the same as limited access expressway.
(9) “Federal agency” means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, or any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(10) “Lease-purchase agreement” means the lease-purchase agreements which the authority is authorized pursuant to this part to enter into with the Department of Transportation.
(11) “Limited access expressway” means a street or highway especially designed for through traffic and over, from, or to which no person shall have the right of easement, use, or access except in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated and established by the authority for the use of such facility. Such highways or streets may be parkways, from which trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles shall be excluded, or they may be freeways open to use by all customary forms of street and highway traffic.
(12) “Members” means the governing body of the authority, and the term “member” means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(13) “Proposed project” means a facility which, if constructed, will become part of the Southwest Florida Transportation System, and it shall identify the general corridor and alignment of the facility and its limits. Further, it shall mean a project or projects which are in the long-range transportation plan of Lee County or Collier County, or both plans if the proposed project is to be located in both counties.
(14) “Southwest Florida Transportation System” means all new expressways and additional lanes on Interstate Highway 75 in Lee and Collier Counties which are tolled as express lanes and appurtenant facilities, including, but not limited to, all approaches, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for said expressway or expressways, whether tolled or nontolled, or such other facility as the authority determines or designates.
(15) “State Board of Administration” means the body corporate existing under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, or any successor thereto.
(16) “System” means the Southwest Florida Transportation System.
Words importing singular number include the plural number in each case and vice versa, and words importing persons include firms and corporations.