As used in this part:
(1) “Commission” means the Public Service Commission.
(2) “Network” means the Florida Distance Learning Network.
(3) “Telecommunications company” means any entity certified under this chapter to provide telecommunications service.
(4) “Cable company” means a cable television company providing cable service as defined in 47 U.S.C. s. 522.
(5) “Advanced telecommunications services” are defined as network-based or wireless services that provide additional communications capabilities enabling the use of applications such as distance learning, video conferencing, data communications, and access to Internet.
(6) “Plan” means the Education Facilities Infrastructure Improvement Plan, a document that includes a needs assessment report and identifies telecommunications companies’, cable companies’, and other providers’ present and projected deployment of technologies necessary for delivery of advanced telecommunications services to eligible facilities who request such services.
(7) “Eligible facilities” means all approved campuses and instructional centers of all public universities, public community colleges, career centers, public elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools, including school administrative offices, public libraries, teaching hospitals, the research institute described in s. 1004.43, and rural public hospitals as defined in s. 395.602. If no rural public hospital exists in a community, the public health clinic which is responsible for individuals before they can be transferred to a regional hospital shall be considered eligible.