The executive director of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission shall:
(1) Keep full and correct minutes of the proceedings of said commission at its meetings, which minutes shall be open for public inspection.
(2) Purchase such supplies and employ such help and assistants as may be reasonably necessary in the performance of the executive director’s duties.
(3) Have full authority to represent the commission in its dealings with other state departments, county commissioners, and the federal government.
(4) Appoint, fix salaries of, and at pleasure remove, subject to the approval of the commission, assistants and other employees who shall have such powers and duties as may be assigned to them by the commission or executive director.
(5) Have such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the commission in pursuance of its duties under s. 9, Art. IV of the State Constitution.