The Secretary of Health Care Administration may appoint a seven-member advisory council to advise the agency on matters pertaining to health care risk managers. The members of the council shall serve at the pleasure of the secretary. The council shall designate a chair. The council shall meet at the call of the secretary or at those times as may be required by rule of the agency. The members of the advisory council shall receive no compensation for their services, but shall be reimbursed for travel expenses as provided in s. 112.061. The council shall consist of individuals representing the following areas:
(1) Two shall be active health care risk managers, including one risk manager who is recommended by and a member of the Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management.
(2) One shall be an active hospital administrator.
(3) One shall be an employee of an insurer or self-insurer of medical malpractice coverage.
(4) One shall be a representative of the health-care-consuming public.
(5) Two shall be licensed health care practitioners, one of whom shall be licensed as a physician under chapter 458 or chapter 459.