The department shall use the following guidelines in developing the procedures for grant disbursement:
(1) The need for emergency medical services and the requirements of the population to be served.
(2) All emergency vehicles and attendants must conform to state standards established by law or rule of the department.
(3) All vehicles shall contain minimum equipment and supplies as required by law or rule of the department.
(4) All vehicles shall have at a minimum a direct communications linkup with the operating base and hospital designated as the primary receiving facility.
(5) Emphasis shall be accorded to applications that contain one or more of the following provisions:
(a) Services provided on a county, multicounty, or areawide basis.
(b) A single provider, or a coordinated provider, method of delivering services.
(c) Coordination of all communication links, including police, fire, emergency vehicles, and other related services.