(1) Every licensee shall possess a valid permit for each transport vehicle, advanced life support nontransport vehicle, and aircraft in use. Applications for such permits shall be made upon forms prescribed by the department. The licensee shall provide documentation that each vehicle for which a permit is sought meets the appropriate requirements for a basic life support or advanced life support service vehicle, whichever is applicable, as specified by rule of the department. A permit is not required for an advanced life support nontransport vehicle that is intended to be used for scene supervision, incident command, or the augmentation of supplies.
(2) To receive a valid permit, the applicant must submit a completed application form for each vehicle or aircraft for which a permit is desired, pay the appropriate fees established as provided in s. 401.34, and provide documentation that each vehicle or aircraft meets the following requirements as established by rule of the department; the vehicle or aircraft must:
(a) Be furnished with essential medical supplies and equipment which is in good working order.
(b) Meet appropriate standards for design and construction.
(c) Be equipped with an appropriate communication system.
(d) Meet appropriate safety standards.
(e) Meet sanitation and maintenance standards.
(f) Be insured for an appropriate sum against injuries to or the death of any person arising out of an accident.
(3) The department may deny, suspend, or revoke a permit if it determines that the vehicle, aircraft, or equipment fails to meet the requirements specified in this part or in the rules of the department.
(4) A permit issued in accordance with this section will expire automatically concurrent with the service license.
(5) In order to renew a vehicle or aircraft permit issued pursuant to this part, the applicant must:
(a) Submit a renewal application. Such application must be received by the department not more than 90 days or less than 30 days prior to the expiration of the permit.
(b) Submit the appropriate fee or fees, established as provided in s. 401.34.
(c) Provide documentation that current standards for issuance of a permit are met.
(6) The department shall establish criteria and time limits for substitution of permitted vehicles that are out of service for maintenance purposes.
(7) The department shall adopt and enforce rules necessary to administer this section.