The department shall have the following powers and duties in relation to this act: (1) To adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this act, including rules setting forth environmental precautions to be followed in relation to the location, construction, and operation of electrical power plants.
(2) To prescribe the form and content of the public notices and the notice of intent and the form, content, and necessary supporting documentation and studies to be prepared by the applicant for electrical power plant certification applications.
(3) To receive applications for electrical power plant certifications and to determine the completeness and sufficiency thereof.
(4) To make, or contract for, studies of electrical power plant certification applications.
(5) To administer the processing of applications for electric power plant certifications and to ensure that the applications are processed as expeditiously as possible.
(6) To require such fees as allowed by this act.
(7) To conduct studies and prepare a project analysis under s. 403.507.
(8) To prescribe the means for monitoring the effects arising from the construction and operation of electrical power plants to assure continued compliance with terms of the certification.
(9) To determine whether an alternate corridor proposed for consideration under s. 403.5064(4) is acceptable.
(10) To act as clerk for the siting board.
(11) To administer and manage the terms and conditions of the certification order and supporting documents and records for the life of the electrical power plant.
(12) To issue emergency orders on behalf of the board for facilities licensed under this act.