(1) The following persons shall register annually with the department pursuant to rules of the department on forms prescribed by it: (a) Used oil transporters and transfer facilities. However, no registration will be issued by the department unless the requirements of s. 403.767 are met. (b) Used oil processors and rerefiners. However, no registration will be issued by the department unless the requirements of s. 403.769 are met.
(c) Used oil burners.
(d) Used oil fuel marketers.
(2) An electric utility the operations of which generate used oil and which used oil is then reclaimed, recycled, or rerefined by the electric utility for use in its operations is not required to register or report pursuant to this section, but may be subject to other applicable federal or state rules pertaining to used oil processors and rerefiners.
(3) An onsite burner which only burns a specification used oil generated by such burner is not required to register or report pursuant to this section, provided that such burning is done in compliance with any air permits issued by the department, but may be subject to other applicable federal or state rules pertaining to used oil processors and rerefiners.
(4) The department may prescribe a fee for the registration required by this section in an amount which is sufficient to cover the cost of processing applications.
(5) The department shall require each registered person to submit, no later than March 1 of each year, a report which specifies the type and quantity of used oil transported, recycled, burned, or processed during the preceding calendar year.
(6) Each registered person who transports, processes, burns, or recycles used oil shall maintain records which identify at least:
(a) The source of the materials transported or recycled;
(b) The quantity of materials received;
(c) The date of receipt; and
(d) The destination or end use of the materials.
(7) The department shall perform technical studies to sample used oil at facilities of representative used oil transporters and at representative processing facilities to determine the incidence of contamination of used oil with hazardous, toxic, or other harmful substances.