(1) The application, review, and issuance procedures for a certificate of need for an intermediate care facility for the developmentally disabled may be made by the agency by competitive sealed proposals.
(2) The agency shall make a decision regarding the issuance of the certificate of need in accordance with the provisions of s. 287.057(16), rules adopted by the agency relating to intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled, and the criteria in s. 408.035, as further defined by rule.
(3) Notification of the decision shall be issued to all applicants not later than 28 calendar days after the date responses to a request for proposal are due.
(4) The procedures provided for under this section are exempt from the batching cycle requirements and the public hearing requirement of s. 408.039.
(5) The agency may use the competitive sealed proposal procedure for determining a certificate of need for other types of health care facilities and services if the agency identifies an unmet health care need and when funding in whole or in part for such health care facilities or services is authorized by the Legislature.