Unless otherwise limited by authorizing statutes, license fees must be reasonably calculated by the agency to cover its costs in carrying out its responsibilities under this part, authorizing statutes, and applicable rules, including the cost of licensure, inspection, and regulation of providers.
(1) Licensure fees shall be adjusted to provide for biennial licensure under agency rules.
(2) The agency shall annually adjust licensure fees, including fees paid per bed, by not more than the change in the Consumer Price Index based on the 12 months immediately preceding the increase.
(3) An inspection fee must be paid as required in authorizing statutes.
(4) Fees are nonrefundable.
(5) When a change is reported that requires issuance of a license, a fee may be assessed. The fee must be based on the actual cost of processing and issuing the license.
(6) A fee may be charged to a licensee requesting a duplicate license. The fee may not exceed the actual cost of duplication and postage.
(7) Total fees collected may not exceed the cost of administering this part, authorizing statutes, and applicable rules.