(1) Premiums collected from members or from employers on behalf of members shall be made in accordance with rules adopted by the agency.
(2) Premiums collected shall be deposited in the Licensure Fees Trust Fund of the agency. Moneys in this fund shall be used solely for the administration of the MedAccess program.
(3) Employers are encouraged to participate in the payment of all or a portion of their employees’ premium obligation. The agency is authorized to offer discounts to the premium obligation to those employers who pay at least 50 percent of the premium and who collect the premium from the employees on behalf of the agency.
(4) The agency is authorized to contract with agents who may refer individuals to the MedAccess program and may pay those agents a modest referral fee if the individual’s application is accepted for enrollment in the MedAccess program.
(5) The agency is directed to develop strategies for marketing MedAccess to increase public awareness about the state program.