The department and the Agency for Health Care Administration:
(1) Shall implement a system of care designed to assist individuals residing in nursing homes to regain independence and to move to less costly settings.
(2) Shall collaboratively work to identify nursing home residents who are able to move to community placements, and to provide case management and supportive services to such individuals while they are in nursing homes to assist such individuals to move to less expensive and less restrictive settings.
(3) Shall modify existing service delivery systems or develop new service delivery systems to economically and efficiently meet such individuals’ care needs.
(4) Shall offer such individuals priority placement and services in all home-based and community-based care programs and shall ensure that funds are available to provide services to individuals to whom services are offered.
(5) May seek federal waivers necessary to administer this section.