As used in this chapter:
(1) “Board” means the Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(3) “Practice of osteopathic medicine” means the diagnosis, treatment, operation, or prescription for any human disease, pain, injury, deformity, or other physical or mental condition, which practice is based in part upon educational standards and requirements which emphasize the importance of the musculoskeletal structure and manipulative therapy in the maintenance and restoration of health.
(4) “Osteopathic physician” means a person who is licensed to practice osteopathic medicine in this state.
(5) “Doctor of Osteopathy” and “Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine,” when referring to degrees, shall be construed to be equivalent and equal degrees.