(1) The practice of or the offer to practice surveying and mapping by registrants through a corporation or partnership offering surveying and mapping services to the public, or by a corporation or partnership offering said services to the public through registrants under ss. 472.001-472.037 as agents, employees, officers, or partners, is permitted subject to the provisions of ss. 472.001-472.037, provided that one or more of the principal officers of the corporation or one or more partners of the partnership and all personnel of the corporation or partnership who act in its behalf as surveyors and mappers in this state are registered as provided by ss. 472.001-472.037, and, further, provided that the corporation or partnership has been issued a certificate of authorization by the board as provided in this section. All final drawings, specifications, plans, reports, or other papers or documents involving the practice of surveying and mapping which are prepared or approved for the use of the corporation or partnership or for delivery to any person or for public record within the state must be dated and must bear the signature and seal of the registrant who prepared or approved them. Nothing in this section shall be construed to allow a corporation to hold a certificate of registration to practice surveying and mapping. No corporation or partnership shall be relieved of responsibility for the conduct or acts of its agents, employees, or officers by reason of its compliance with this section, nor shall any individual practicing surveying and mapping be relieved of responsibility for professional services performed by reason of his or her employment or relationship with a corporation or partnership.
(2) For the purposes of this section, a certificate of authorization shall be required for a corporation, partnership, association, or person practicing under a fictitious name, offering surveying and mapping services to the public; however, when an individual is practicing surveying and mapping in his or her own given name, he or she shall not be required to register under this section.
(3) The fact that any registered surveyor and mapper practices through a corporation or partnership shall not relieve the registrant from personal liability for negligence, misconduct, or wrongful acts committed by him or her. Partnerships and all partners shall be jointly and severally liable for the negligence, misconduct, or wrongful acts committed by their agents, employees, or partners while acting in a professional capacity. Any officer, agent, or employee of a business organization other than a partnership shall be personally liable and accountable only for negligent acts, wrongful acts, or misconduct committed by him or her or committed by any person under his or her direct supervision and control while rendering professional services on behalf of the business organization. The personal liability of a shareholder or owner of a business organization, in his or her capacity as shareholder or owner, shall be no greater than that of a shareholder-employee of a corporation incorporated under chapter 607. The business organization shall be liable up to the full value of its property for any negligent acts, wrongful acts, or misconduct committed by any of its officers, agents, or employees while they are engaged on its behalf in the rendering of professional services.
(4) Each certification of authorization shall be renewed every 2 years. Each partnership and corporation certified under this section shall notify the board within 1 month of any change in the information contained in the application upon which the certification is based.
(5) Disciplinary action against a corporation or partnership shall be administered in the same manner and on the same grounds as disciplinary action against a registered surveyor and mapper.