(1) There is created within the department the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel, composed of seven members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate.
(2)(a) Five members of the board shall be persons licensed under this part, as follows:
1. At least one member shall be a practicing clinical laboratory director.
2. At least two members shall be practicing clinical laboratory supervisors.
3. Two members shall be practicing clinical laboratory personnel.
(b) Two members of the board shall be citizens of the state who have never been licensed health care practitioners and who are not, and have never been, licensed as clinical laboratory personnel and who are in no way connected with the practice of such profession.
(3) Within 90 days after July 1, 1992, the Governor shall appoint two members for a term of 2 years, two members for a term of 3 years, and three members for a term of 4 years. As terms of the initial members expire, the Governor shall appoint successors for terms of 4 years and such terms shall expire on October 31. A member whose term has expired shall continue to serve on the board until such time as a replacement is appointed. No member shall serve for more than the remaining portion of a previous member’s unexpired term, plus two consecutive 4-year terms of the member’s own appointment thereafter.
(4) The board has authority to adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this part conferring duties upon it.
(5) All provisions of chapter 456 relating to activities of regulatory boards shall apply to the board.
(6) The board shall maintain its official headquarters in Tallahassee.