(1) There is created within the department the Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling composed of nine members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate.
(2)(a) Six members of the board shall be persons licensed under this chapter as follows:
1. Two members shall be licensed practicing clinical social workers.
2. Two members shall be licensed practicing marriage and family therapists.
3. Two members shall be licensed practicing mental health counselors.
(b) Three members shall be citizens of the state who are not and have never been licensed in a mental health-related profession and who are in no way connected with the practice of any such profession.
(3) No later than January 1, 1988, the Governor shall appoint nine members of the board as follows:
(a) Three members for terms of 2 years each.
(b) Three members for terms of 3 years each.
(c) Three members for terms of 4 years each.
(4) As the terms of the initial members expire, the Governor shall appoint successors for terms of 4 years; and those members shall serve until their successors are appointed.
(5) The board shall adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement and enforce the provisions of this chapter.
(6) All applicable provisions of chapter 456 relating to activities of regulatory boards shall apply to the board.
(7) The board shall maintain its official headquarters in the City of Tallahassee.