As used in this act:
(1) “Affiliate” means any company that controls, is controlled by, or is in common control with another company, as set forth in 12 U.S.C. ss. 1841 et seq. and the regulations adopted thereunder.
(2) “Annual percentage rate” means the annual percentage rate for the loan calculated according to the provisions of 15 U.S.C. s. 1606 and the regulations adopted thereunder by the Federal Reserve Board.
(3) “Borrower” means any natural person obligated to repay a loan, including, but not limited to, a coborrower, cosignor, or guarantor.
(4) “Bridge loan” means a loan with a maturity of less than 18 months that only requires the payment of interest until such time as the entire unpaid balance is due and payable.
(5) “Commission” means the Financial Services Commission.
(6) “Office” means the Office of Financial Regulation of the commission.
(7) “High-cost home loan” means a home loan as defined in 15 U.S.C. s. 1602(aa) and regulations adopted thereunder.
(8) “Lender” means any person who makes a high-cost home loan or acts as a mortgage broker or lender, finance company, or retail installment seller with respect to a high-cost home loan, but shall not include any entity chartered by the United States Congress when engaging in secondary market mortgage transactions as an assignee or otherwise.