(1) A licensee shall be considered inactive upon the acceptance of the surrender of its license by the department or upon the nonreceipt by the department of the license renewal fees required by s. 497.265.
(2) A cemetery licensee licensed to engage in preneed sales shall cease all preneed sales to the public upon becoming inactive in regard to its cemetery license. At-need sales to the public shall cease within 30 days after becoming inactive.
(3) Any licensee desiring to surrender its license to the department shall first:
(a) File notice with the department.
(b) Submit copies of its existing trust agreements.
(c) Resolve to the department’s satisfaction all findings and violations resulting from the last examination conducted.
(d) Pay all outstanding fines and invoices due the department.
(e) Submit its current license.
(4) Upon receipt of the notice, the department shall review the licensee’s:
(a) Trust funds.
(b) Trust agreements.
(c) Care and maintenance of the cemetery grounds.
(5) After a review to the department’s satisfaction, the department shall terminate the license.
(6)(a) The care and maintenance trust fund of a licensee shall be held intact and in trust after the licensee has become inactive, and funds in that trust fund shall be disbursed to the cemetery on a regular basis for the upkeep of the grounds.
(b) The merchandise trust fund of a licensee shall be held intact and in trust after the licensee has become inactive, and the funds in that trust fund shall be disbursed in accordance with the requirements of the written contracts until the fund has been exhausted.