As used in s. 501.976, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Customer” includes a customer’s designated agent.
(2) “Dealer” means a motor vehicle dealer as defined in s. 320.27, but does not include a motor vehicle auction as defined in s. 320.27(1)(c)4.
(3) “Replacement item” means a tire, bumper, bumper fascia, glass, in-dashboard equipment, seat or upholstery cover or trim, exterior illumination unit, grill, sunroof, external mirror and external body cladding. The replacement of up to three of these items does not constitute repair of damage if each item is replaced because of a product defect or damaged due to vandalism while the new motor vehicle is under the control of the dealer and the items are replaced with original manufacturer equipment, unless an item is replaced due to a crash, collision, or accident.
(4) “Threshold amount” means 3 percent of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of a motor vehicle or $650, whichever is less.
(5) “Vehicle” means any automobile, truck, bus, recreational vehicle, or motorcycle required to be licensed under chapter 320 for operation over the roads of Florida, but does not include trailers, mobile homes, travel trailers, or trailer coaches without independent motive power.