Any person who tests milk or milk products for milkfat content by weight, volume, chemical, electronic, or other method when the result of such test is used as a basis for payment for the milk or milk products must hold a milkfat tester’s permit issued by the department.
(1) The permit shall be issued for a period of 2 years from date of first issue upon application to the department on a form furnished by the department.
(2) The department shall charge each applicant a fee, not to exceed $125, for a milkfat tester’s permit.
(3) To qualify for a permit, the applicant shall demonstrate a sufficiency of knowledge, ability, and equipment to perform milkfat tests adequately.
(4) The permit is nontransferable between persons or locations and is subject to suspension or revocation upon a showing of violation of conditions upon which the permit was issued.
(5) Each milkfat tester shall keep records of milk fat tests conducted by him or her for a period of 1 year, and such records shall be available for inspection by the department at all reasonable hours.
(6) All direct and indirect costs incurred in conjunction with the milkfat tester’s permit program must be paid from the permit fees provided in this section.