(1) Each frozen dessert plant that manufactures frozen desserts or other products defined in this chapter, or offers these products for sale in this state must hold a valid license. Any attempted or purported transfer of such license is grounds for suspension or revocation of the license.
(2) The department shall furnish an application form that requires the applicant to state that she or he will comply with all provisions of this chapter and applicable rules. The application must be signed by the owner, a partner if the plant is a partnership, or an authorized officer or agent if the plant is a corporation. All licenses expire June 30 of each year. The initial application must be accompanied by a license fee of $200. The annual license renewal fee is $100.
(3) Each licensee must report monthly, quarterly, semiannually, or annually, as required by the department, the number of gallons of frozen dessert, or frozen dessert mix, sold or manufactured by the licensee in this state.
(4) If the report is not filed when due, a penalty equal to 10 percent of the license fee or $100, whichever is greater, shall be assessed.
(5) The department shall mail a copy of the license to the licensee to signify that administrative requirements have been met.