(1) In order to prevent persons under 18 years of age from purchasing or receiving tobacco products, the sale or delivery of tobacco products is prohibited, except:
(a) When under the direct control or line of sight of the dealer or the dealer’s agent or employee; or
(b) Sales from a vending machine are prohibited under the provisions of paragraph (1)(a) and are only permissible from a machine that is equipped with an operational lockout device which is under the control of the dealer or the dealer’s agent or employee who directly regulates the sale of items through the machine by triggering the lockout device to allow the dispensing of one tobacco product. The lockout device must include a mechanism to prevent the machine from functioning if the power source for the lockout device fails or if the lockout device is disabled, and a mechanism to ensure that only one tobacco product is dispensed at a time.
(2) The provisions of subsection (1) shall not apply to an establishment that prohibits persons under 18 years of age on the licensed premises.
(3) The provisions of subsection (1) shall not apply to the sale or delivery of cigars and pipe tobacco.
(4) A dealer or a dealer’s agent or employee may require proof of age of a purchaser of a tobacco product before selling the product to that person.
(5) A wholesale dealer or distributing agent, as those terms are defined in s. 210.01, or a distributor, as defined in s. 210.25, may sell or deliver tobacco products only to dealers who have permits.