(1) Each foreign corporation authorized to conduct its affairs in this state must continuously maintain in this state:
(a) A registered office that may be the same as any of the places it conducts its affairs; and
(b) A registered agent, who may be:
1. An individual who resides in this state and whose business office is identical with the registered office;
2. A domestic corporation for profit or not for profit the business office of which is identical with the registered office; or
3. A foreign corporation for profit or not for profit authorized to transact business or conduct its affairs in this state the business office of which is identical with the registered office.
(2) A registered agent appointed pursuant to this section or a successor registered agent appointed pursuant to s. 617.1508 on whom process may be served shall each file a statement in writing with the Department of State, in such form and manner as shall be prescribed by the department, accepting the appointment as a registered agent simultaneously with his or her being designated. Such statement of acceptance shall state that the registered agent is familiar with, and accepts, the obligations of that position.