The department may deny, suspend, or revoke the license of a public adjuster or public adjuster apprentice, and administer a fine not to exceed $5,000 per act, for any of the following:
(1) Violating any provision of this chapter or a rule or order of the department;
(2) Receiving payment or anything of value as a result of an unfair or deceptive practice;
(3) Receiving or accepting any fee, kickback, or other thing of value pursuant to any agreement or understanding, oral or otherwise; entering into a split-fee arrangement with another person who is not a public adjuster; or being otherwise paid or accepting payment for services that have not been performed;
(5) Soliciting or otherwise taking advantage of a person who is vulnerable, emotional, or otherwise upset as the result of a trauma, accident, or other similar occurrence; or
(6) Violating any ethical rule of the department.