(1) Each authorized administrator shall file with the office a full and true statement of its financial condition, transactions, and affairs. The statement shall be filed annually on or before March 1 or within such extension of time therefor as the office for good cause may have granted and shall be for the preceding calendar year. The statement shall be in such form and contain such matters as the commission prescribes and shall be verified by at least two officers of such administrator. An administrator whose sole stockholder is an association representing health care providers which is not an affiliate of an insurer, an administrator of a pooled governmental self-insurance program, or an administrator that is a university may submit the preceding fiscal year’s statement within 2 months after its fiscal year end.
(2) Each authorized administrator shall also file an audited financial statement performed by an independent certified public accountant. The audited financial statement shall be filed with the office on or before June 1 for the preceding calendar year ending December 31. An administrator whose sole stockholder is an association representing health care providers which is not an affiliate of an insurer, an administrator of a pooled governmental self-insurance program, or an administrator that is a university may submit the preceding fiscal year’s audited financial statement within 5 months after the end of its fiscal year. An audited financial statement prepared on a consolidated basis must include a columnar consolidating or combining worksheet that must be filed with the statement and must comply with the following:
(a) Amounts shown on the consolidated audited financial statement must be shown on the worksheet;
(b) Amounts for each entity must be stated separately; and
(c) Explanations of consolidating and eliminating entries must be included.
(3) At the time of filing its annual statement, the administrator shall pay a filing fee in the amount specified in s. 624.501 for the filing of an annual statement by an insurer.
(4) In addition, the administrator shall immediately notify the office of any material change in its ownership.
(5) The commission may by rule require all or part of the statements or filings required under this section to be submitted by electronic means in a computer-readable form compatible with the electronic data format specified by the commission.