The department may deny, suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew or continue the license or appointment of any sales representative if it is found that any one or more of the following grounds applicable to the sales representative exist under circumstances for which such denial, suspension, revocation, or refusal is not mandatory under s. 634.422:
(1) Any cause for which granting of the license or appointment could have been refused had it then existed and been known to the department.
(2) Violation of any provision of this part, or of any other law applicable to the business of service warranties, in the course of dealings under the license or appointment.
(3) Violation of any lawful order or rule of the department or commission.
(4) Failure or refusal to pay over, upon demand, to any service warranty association or insurer the sales representative represents or has represented any money coming into her or his hands which belongs to the association or insurer.
(5) In the conduct of business under the license or appointment, engaging in unfair methods of competition or in unfair or deceptive acts or practices, as such methods, acts, or practices are or may be defined under this part, or otherwise showing herself or himself to be a source of injury or loss to the public or detriment to the public interest.
(6) Being found guilty of or pleading guilty or nolo contendere to a felony or a crime punishable by imprisonment of 1 year or more under the law of the United States of America or any state thereof or under the law of any other country, without regard to whether judgment of conviction has been entered by the court having jurisdiction of such case.