The office shall issue a certificate of authority for a prepaid health clinic to any applicant filing a properly completed application in conformity with s. 641.405, upon payment of the prescribed fees and upon the office’s being satisfied that:
(1) As a condition precedent to the issuance of any certificate, the applicant has obtained a Health Care Provider Certificate from the Agency for Health Care Administration pursuant to part III of this chapter.
(2) The proposed rates are actuarially sound for the benefits provided, including administrative costs.
(3) The applicant has met the minimum surplus requirements of s. 641.407.
(4) The procedures for offering basic services and offering and terminating contracts to subscribers will not unfairly discriminate on the basis of age, health, or economic status. However, this subsection does not prohibit reasonable underwriting classifications for the purposes of establishing contract rates, nor does it prohibit experience rating.
(5) The procedures for offering basic services and offering and terminating contracts to subscribers will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, or national origin.
(6) The applicant furnishes evidence of adequate insurance coverage or an adequate plan for self-insurance to respond to claims for injuries arising out of the furnishing of basic services.
(7) The ownership, control, or management of the applicant is competent and trustworthy and possesses managerial experience that would make the proposed clinic operation beneficial to the subscribers. The office shall not grant or continue authority to transact the business of a prepaid health clinic in this state at any time during which the office has good reason to believe that the ownership, control, or management of the clinic is under the control of any person whose business operations are or have been marked by business practices or conduct that is to the detriment of the public, stockholders, investors, or creditors; by the improper manipulation of assets or of accounts; or by bad faith.
(8) The application and the applicant are in conformity with all requirements of this part.