When used in this chapter, the following words and phrases have the following meanings, except to the extent that any such word or phrase specifically is qualified by its context:
(1) “Association” means a capital stock association subject to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) “Capital stock” means the aggregate of shares of nonwithdrawable capital issued by a capital stock association, but does not include nonwithdrawable capital represented by capital certificates.
(3) “Dwelling unit” means a single, unified combination of rooms which is designed for residential use by one family in a multiple dwelling unit structure and which is not “home property.”
(4) “Earnings” means that part of the sources available for payment of earnings of an association which is declared payable on savings accounts from time to time by the board of directors, and is the cost of savings money to the association. Earnings also may be referred to as “interest.”
(5) “Home property” means real estate on which there is located, or will be located pursuant to a real estate loan, either a structure designed for residential use by one family or a single condominium unit, including common elements pertinent thereto, designed for residential use by one family in a multiple-dwelling-unit structure or complex and includes fixtures and home furnishings and equipment.
(6) “Liquid assets” means:
(a) Cash on hand;
(b) Cash on deposit in federal home loan banks, federal reserve banks, state banks performing similar reserve functions, or financial depository institutions, which is withdrawable upon not more than 30 days’ notice and which is not pledged as security for indebtedness, except that any deposits in a financial depository institution under the control or in the possession of any supervisory authority shall not be considered as liquid assets;
(c) Obligations of, or obligations which are fully guaranteed as to principal and interest by, the United States or this state; and
(d) Such other assets as may be approved by the office which are accepted as liquid assets for federally insured associations by the appropriate federal regulatory agency.
(7) “Net income” means gross revenues for an accounting period less all expenses paid or incurred, taxes, and losses sustained as shall not have been charged to reserves pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(8) “Primarily residential property” means real estate on which there is located, or will be located pursuant to a real estate loan, any of the following:
(a) A structure or structures designed or used primarily for residential rather than nonresidential purposes and consisting of more than one dwelling unit.
(b) A structure or structures designed or used primarily for residential rather than nonresidential purposes for students, residents and persons under care, employees, or members of the staff of an educational, health, or welfare institution or facility.
(c) A structure or structures which are used in part for residential purposes for not more than one family and in part for business purposes, provided that the residential use of such structure or structures must be substantial and permanent, not merely transitory.
(9) “Real estate loan” means any loan or other obligation secured by a lien on real estate in any state held in fee or in a leasehold extending or renewable automatically for a period of at least 15 years beyond the date scheduled for the final principal payment of such loan or obligation, or any transaction out of which a lien or claim is created against such real estate, including among other things the purchase of such real estate in fee by an association and the concurrent or immediate sale thereof on installment contract.
(10) “Savings account” means that part of the savings liability of the association which is credited to the account of the holder thereof. A savings account also may be referred to as a “savings deposit.”
(11) “Savings liability” means the aggregate amount of savings accounts of depositors, including earnings credited to such accounts, less redemptions and withdrawals.
(12) “Stockholder” means the holder of one or more shares of any class of capital stock of a capital stock association organized or operating pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.