(1) All advertising materials for, used by, or promoting any mobile home park shall be filed with the division by the developer, park owner, or mobile home dealer within 30 days of the end of each calendar quarter in which it was used, unless the material has been previously filed. The calendar quarters shall end on March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31 of each year.
(2) The term “advertising materials” includes:
(a) Promotional brochures, pamphlets, advertisements, or other materials disseminated to the public in connection with the sale of a new mobile home or lease of a mobile home lot.
(b) Billboards and other signs posted on and off the premises.
(3) The following “advertising materials” are exempt from the filing requirements of this section: telephone directories, business cards, items placed solely on bulletin boards in a mobile home park, and correspondence in response to inquiries by individuals.
(4) No advertising materials or oral statement made by any developer, park owner, or mobile home dealer shall:
(a) Misrepresent a fact or create a false or misleading impression regarding the mobile home or mobile home park.
(b) Contain any asterisk or other reference symbol as a means of contradicting or substantially changing any statement previously made or as a means of obscuring a material fact.
(c) Misrepresent the size, nature, extent, qualities, or characteristics of the offered facilities.
(d) Misrepresent the nature or extent of any service incident to the tenancy.
(5) The division shall not impose a civil penalty in excess of $250 per advertisement for each instance of the untimely filing of advertising materials.