(1) A trustee, without authorization by the court, may, except as limited or restricted by this code, exercise:
(a) Powers conferred by the terms of the trust.
(b) Except as limited by the terms of the trust:
1. All powers over the trust property that an unmarried competent owner has over individually owned property.
2. Any other powers appropriate to achieve the proper investment, management, and distribution of the trust property.
3. Any other powers conferred by this code.
(2) The exercise of a power is subject to the fiduciary duties prescribed by this code.