When construing ss. 817.40, 817.41, 817.43-817.47, and each and every word, phrase or part thereof, where the context will permit:
(1) The word or term “wholesale” or “wholesale sale” shall extend to and include an “at-cost sale,” “below-cost sale,” and terms of similar purport, and embraces all sales purporting to be made at or below the seller’s net delivered cost price, or below the average wholesale cost of the items sold or to be sold, but which are in fact made for a price in excess of the average wholesale of like items.
(2) The word or term “retail” means the sale or offering for sale of individual items of merchandise to the ultimate consumer.
(3) The term or word “retailer” means one who acquires for the purpose of sale, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, or sells individual units of merchandise to the ultimate consumer and not for resale.
(4) The term or word “merchandise” includes goods, wares and merchandise, as generally understood, and in addition thereto services and other things of value.
(5) The phrase “misleading advertising” includes any statements made, or disseminated, in oral, written, or printed form or otherwise, to or before the public, or any portion thereof, which are known, or through the exercise of reasonable care or investigation could or might have been ascertained, to be untrue or misleading, and which are or were so made or disseminated with the intent or purpose, either directly or indirectly, of selling or disposing of real or personal property, services of any nature whatever, professional or otherwise, or to induce the public to enter into any obligation relating to such property or services.
(6) The definitions contained in s. 1.01, insofar as the context of this act will permit, shall be applicable hereto.