(a) The Domestic Security Oversight Council shall serve as an advisory council to the Governor, the Legislature, and the Chief of Domestic Security. The council shall:
1. Review the development, maintenance, and operation of a comprehensive multidisciplinary domestic security strategy that will guide the state’s prevention, preparedness, protection, response, and recovery efforts against terrorist attacks and make appropriate recommendations to ensure the implementation of that strategy.
2. Review the development of integrated funding plans to support specific projects, goals, and objectives necessary to the state’s domestic security strategy and make appropriate recommendations to implement those plans.
3. Review and recommend approval of prioritized recommendations from regional domestic security task forces and state working groups on the use of available funding to ensure the use of such funds in a manner that best promotes the goals of statewide, regional, and local domestic security through coordinated planning and implementation strategies.
4. Review and recommend approval of statewide policies and operational protocols that support the domestic security efforts of the regional domestic security task forces and state agencies.
5. Review the overall statewide effectiveness of domestic security and counter-terrorism efforts in order to provide suggestions to improve or enhance those efforts.
6. Review the efforts of any agency or entity involved in state or local domestic security and counter-terrorism efforts that requests assistance or that appears to need such review in order to provide suggestions to improve or enhance those efforts.
7. Review efforts within the state to better secure state and local infrastructure against terrorist attack and make recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of such efforts.
8. Review and recommend legislative initiatives related to the state’s domestic security and provide endorsement or recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of such efforts.
9. Review statewide or multiagency mobilizations and responses to major domestic security incidents and recommend suggestions for training, improvement of response efforts, or improvement of coordination or for other strategies that may be derived as necessary from such reviews.
10. Conduct any additional review or inquiry or make recommendations to the Governor and Legislature in support of other initiatives, as may be necessary, to fulfill the function of general oversight of the state’s domestic security and counter-terrorism efforts and to promote increased security.
11. Promote and preserve intergovernmental cooperation and consensus among state and local agencies, the Federal Government, private entities, other states, and other nations, as appropriate, under the guidance of the Governor.